Re: 52 Henney-Packard Questions.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Phantom Coaches Message Board ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by E.Wilhelm ( on March 14, 2005 at 08:58:16:

In Reply to: 52 Henney-Packard Questions. posted by PSYKO Inc. on March 13, 2005 at 09:51:09:

Great Coach!

In California (all states differ), you would need to get the car verified by a licensed verifier, or the DMV. Registration for this vehicle would be no different than any other.
Verifiers can be found in the Yellow Pages under "Licensing Services". They usually have the appropriate forms with them, but it is always a good idea to call the DMV first (Or Auto Club) and have the forms ready.

After the car is verified, the forms with the appropriate fees are sent to the DMV, and a new title is issued. You can register it as a 1952 Packard Hearse. You will be using it as a non-commercial vehicle, so you can get regular passenger vehicle plates if you want (You might also look into vintage vehicle plates).

Good Luck!

: Hi all. I recently acquired a 1952 Henney-Packard limousine style coach. It's pretty rough at the moment, but I think it's definately got potential. Anyways, before I get too carried away with building this car, I need to figure out how to get a title for it. The car had been sitting in a junkyard for 30 years, and the original title is long gone. Also, how does registration and inspection work for a vehicle this old? Does it have to be registered as an antique? Also, any idea where I can find rear quarter panel patch panels to fix the rusted areas? Quarters from a Packard sedan would work, but the only parts cars I find are either too pristine to cut up or rusted out worse than my coach.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup




Optional Link URL:
Link Title:
Optional Image URL:

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Phantom Coaches Message Board ] [ FAQ ]