Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: USER NAME POLICY - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Rules to posting messages:

1. The subject matter of messages should be hearse related or they may be deleted.

2. Messages containing profanity or foul language may be edited or deleted.

3. Messages which the moderators feel are inappropriate will be deleted.
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

USER NAME POLICY

#21 User is offline   Pamela K Icon

• Frequent User
  • PipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered Users

Posted 13 April 2010 - 09:17 PM

So sad that the word happy has to be filtered. It's such a jovial word.
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment."

#22 User is offline   KevinK Icon

• Hearse Affectionado
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:59 AM

You know I have given this some thought,although not a lot,but I feel that the whole filter situation is a bunch of shit! I don't know why you can't do something like Heather suggested, but I for one will say that if the filter thing continues that this will probably be my last post on this board. If I want to express myself then that's what I want to do and not be filtered on certain words that someone has deemed to bad to post here. So if that continues to be the case well then it's been nice posting to you all and I'll see you around sometime.

"Madness is the gift that has been given to me"
Disturbed

#23 User is offline   KA Aguilar Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:55 PM

[user=418]KevinK[/user] wrote:
You know I have given this some thought,although not a lot,but I feel that the whole filter situation is a bunch of cuss! I don't know why you can't do something like Heather suggested, but I for one will say that if the filter thing continues that this will probably be my last post on this board. If I want to express myself then that's what I want to do and not be filtered on certain words that someone has deemed to bad to post here. So if that continues to be the case well then it's been nice posting to you all and I'll see you around sometime.

I do not want to filter Kevin - I think it is ridiculous too.  This is the only suggestion Mark came up with to alleviate the problem.  I LOVE Heather suggestion.  Mark is the Webmaster and the only person who has access. 

The only thing I want monitored is the users names.....since we have crazy name postings.....

#24 User is offline   KA Aguilar Icon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

Based on my last post I see where Mark has exersised the option to filter.......though it still wasn't a finished topic. 

[size=3]This complete filtering and relacing words is [i][u]his

#25 User is offline   Pamela K Icon

• Frequent User
  • PipPipPipPip

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

[user=84]KA Aguilar[/user] wrote:
thanks Mark  -

[color=darkred]I don't mind owning the "filters" suggestion - certainly the word f*ck can be a filtered word as well as the word "happy". 

Kinda sounds to me like you authorized the change... Including the word happy!
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment."

#26 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:28 AM

[user=417]Heather Kinzy[/user] wrote:
i run a bulletin board where users have to be approved by a mod (me) before they can post....

The current forum software doesn't have that feature. Yet another reason we're installing a better forum.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#27 User is offline   TroyD Icon

• Moderate User
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: PCHC Members
  • Interests:Coaches, Halloween, Cooking, Gardening, Building Halloween Props, Surfing the web.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:54 PM

Hey Mark,

I just saw this and realized I need to add my last initial. I went to edit my profile but don't see where I can fix my name. Can you tell me or help me out Last initial is "D"

Thanks,
Troy D
That What Doesn't Kill You, Makes You Walk Funny.

#28 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:54 PM

All fixed.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#29 User is offline   TroyD Icon

• Moderate User
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: PCHC Members
  • Interests:Coaches, Halloween, Cooking, Gardening, Building Halloween Props, Surfing the web.

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:15 PM

View PostMark V, on 05 January 2011 - 02:54 PM, said:

All fixed.

Thanks Mark, You Rock! :clap:

TroyD
That What Doesn't Kill You, Makes You Walk Funny.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users