Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello!

#1 User is offline   Zeroecho Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Registered Users

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:48 PM

Hello all! Obviously I'm new to the forums, but I've heard a lot of great things. I'm originally from Irwindale but I live in western Montana now. I've recently come to own a 1970 Cadillac Superior Crown hearse. I'm looking at doing a bit of restoration (though it doesn't need much) particularly to the roller bed (not sure of proper terminology here) as it doesn't always operate under it's own power, so I'm always looking for knowledge or advice!

#2 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:46 AM

Hi Zeroecho,

Welcome :welcome:

How about some photos?

The Superior 3-way tables utilize a screw down the center of the floor that's powered by a motor under the floor near the rearmost door. The cause of your problems may include the motor getting weak, the screw needing to be lubricated, the power supply wires have become loose or corroded, some combination thereof, or something less obvious. If you are mechanically and regularly work on cars and appliances, then you should be able to figure out what you'll need to fix it.

Keep us updated and feel free to ask questions if you get stuck. :)
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#3 User is offline   Zeroecho Icon

• Pip

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:35 AM

Oh hey! Thanks for the advice! I've been trying to post a couple photos up but when I try, I either get an error message saying "error, the server returned an error during upload" or it says I don't have permission.

#4 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:38 AM

The maximum number of images you can put into a single post is 10. The images that can be uploaded can only be gif, jpeg, jpg, or png. You should be able to imbed any image you want from a server.

If you continue having problems, please email me and I'll help you figure it out.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti

#5 User is offline   Zeroecho Icon

• Pip

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Well I've tried to add them as attachments and it denies me. I know I meet the size and format restrictions. I've tried to insert them directly into the message but it asks for a htt:// address instead. I've also tried uploading into my profile's and the site's gallery but don't have permission. If you could help with this that'd be awesome, I'd love to show off my hearse ;)

#6 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

I'm looking into this and expect to have a reply for you sometime tomorrow.
I apologize for the inconvenience.

#7 User is offline   test Icon

• test user account
  • Pip
  • View gallery

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

Image test reply
Posted Image
Next

#8 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:13 PM

Hi Zeroecho,

I created a test user account to try and replicate what you've described. When I clicked on the "Insert image" button, it prompts me for the image URL with [http://]. Bear in mind that if the image you want to post is at a secure server (i.e., https://) you'll need to edit accordingly. The easiest way I found to do this is to copy the desired image's entire URL then paste it into the field where it prompts for the URL.

As for the gallery, paid club members may create new albums but registered users such as yourself may upload images to the public gallery.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

#9 User is offline   Zeroecho Icon

• Pip

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

OK, well I have it (mostly) figured out. I posted a few pictures (not the best quality) in the public gallery. thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users