Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hello

#1 User is offline   LDYKILR Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Registered Users

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

Is this forum active? Not many new posts. I own a 1940 superior pontiac hearse. Not restored at the current time as I do not have room for it. Will be starting it soon though. It has been my dream car since I was 8,18 years ago. Thank you for having the brochure on this site. That is really cool! Not sure if anyone knows any owners of around that year for tips on parts and stuff. Any info would help. Thanks

#2 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:49 AM

Hi Ldykilr,

...and welcome.

As you probably already know, all hearses are coach-built cars, meaning their were hand fabricated on order one-at-a-time. Coach builders would utilize many parts made by automotive manufacturers that they bought in bulk. These were usually small items like door switches for lights, lenses for interior lighting, and some hardware like door hinges, strikers, and latches. Items that are coach specific such as casket rollers, bier pins, and landau bars are made from unobtainum which seems to have a short half-life; fewer parts can be found as the age of the car that needs them goes up. You should be able to make do with parts from DNR industries (hearseparts.com) but these are new parts for newer coaches; meaning you may need to retrofit for your application.

By the way, this forum is still active :welcome:
Later...
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users