Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: Husband and wife team - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Husband and wife team Noobs

#1 User is offline   Oizys Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Interests:Interests include theatrical horror makeup, watching TV (The Walking Dead, Supernatural, etc...), computer gaming and sleeping. Did I mention sleeping? Yes. Sleeping.

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Hello!

My husband and I are happy new comers to Phantom Coaches and to hearse ownership in general. After much consideration, we've settled on a 1997 Lincoln Superior as our first coach. I say settled because I really, REALLY, REALLY, want the 1969 Cadillac Superior 3-Way listed on Hemmings, but neither me (though I supposed I could learn) nor my husband know much about automobile repair and a vehicle that was made before me scares me a little in the maintenance department.

That's okay, right? Having a 1997 Lincoln? We're not going to be outcasts for having a newer model hearse?
Seriously, though. It's cool, right? It needs a little vinyl roof and operators cabin work. I hope to make an appointment with Galpin Auto Sports in Van Nuys to have it made look purty.

We've not yet purchased the vehicle and she already has a license plate - "Leota 1". We're going for the whole Disney's Haunted Mansion theme! ...... Wait...... That's not going to get us ostracised either, right? A Haunted Mansion themed hearse?! LOL!

Hearse ownership is such an exciting adventure, for me at least! Exciting adventures are scareee!

Hope to see you at a gathering someday. My husband and I are looking forward to meeting other owners and seeing their rides.

Gravely,

Diane and Larry

Attached File(s)

#2 User is offline   Randy B Icon

• Grave Robber
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:The Dark Side

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:21 AM

Welcome Diane and Larry:

Come to our next meeting if you can and say Hi to all of us...... it will be at Spitfire Interiors in Whittier. You will be getting a reminder postcard in a few days.

New hearse = no problem They are all good! And a Lincoln to boot - nice to have variety.

See you soon,

Thor
Chairman of the Morgue

#3 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Greetings Diane & Larry, and Welcome

To start, all hearses are cool. Since the earliest days, each one has been fabricated on order, one-at-a-time; how can that NOT be cool?
Posted Image
Regarding ownership of a classic/vintage coach like the 1969 you're lusting after, it's totally doable depending on how much you intend on driving it. If it's a Sunday only, car show cruiser, parade promenading ride that you don't put many miles on, it's pretty easy to maintain even with all the original parts.

If, on the other hand, you are looking to make it your daily driver, there are a few things you can do to keep it running reliably longer between maintenance cycles. However, the fuel costs would put more hurt on your wallet than any repair.

One of the perks of membership is many of us are loaded with information and generally available to help out a fellow hearse owner.

Either way, we very much look forward to meeting you

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#4 User is offline   Oizys Icon

• Pip
  • Interests:Interests include theatrical horror makeup, watching TV (The Walking Dead, Supernatural, etc...), computer gaming and sleeping. Did I mention sleeping? Yes. Sleeping.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

We actually just put a down payment on the 1969 Caddy. And we got the card in the mail notifying us of the next Phantom Coaches meeting. An exciting hearse related day!

#5 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

I can totally dig how thrilled you must be.

I write the Mechanic's Mausoleum article in The Epitaph, our club newsletter, so, when you show up at the next meeting, feel free to pick my brain about what you want to do mechanically to your hearse to have it meet your needs.

Later,
Mark
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#6 User is offline   Erny Icon

• Pip
  • Interests:Motorcycles(HD), custom cars, restorations, old junk and hearses of course. Fishing in the mountains.

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:23 PM

My name is Erny DeWitt, my little brother was Brian DeWitt. I lost complete contact with Mark Knope. I would like to make contact befor I come out. Remenber all the Hearses going around the Orange Circle Park when we were taking my little brother to rest. I'm not sure i could even find the place. I got a photo of the 15 Hearses lined up outside the morturary. renegadecow@hotmail.com Thanks

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users