Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: New guy - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New guy Anyone else have a 60's cadillac hearse? Find me!

#1 User is offline   decomposed Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Registered Users

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:54 AM

Just got my 61 cadillac superior coach about two weeks ago. Needs love. Starting with a cracked drivers window. Need suggestions on where I can get new weather stripping. Will 61 Deville weather stripping work on these doors? I have many more questions like these. Hope to here from someone with a 61.
Thanks,
Decomposed

#2 User is offline   Moondog Icon

• Moderate User
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: PCHC Members
  • Interests:Meeting up with other hearse groopies

Posted 05 September 2012 - 10:58 AM

View Postdecomposed, on 05 September 2012 - 08:54 AM, said:

Just got my 61 cadillac superior coach about two weeks ago. Needs love. Starting with a cracked drivers window. Need suggestions on where I can get new weather stripping. Will 61 Deville weather stripping work on these doors? I have many more questions like these. Hope to here from someone with a 61.
Thanks,
Decomposed

Welcome and you may get lucky with the 61 strip,Steele rubber products sometimes gives the mesurements on their site..........'th Dog...

#3 User is offline   Arlee Mahan Icon

• Hearse Affectionado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Location:..I live uptown.. I live downtown .. l live all around
  • Interests:HURSTS

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:02 PM

WELCOME to the Wacky World of Hursts .... are you here in SO. CAL ...??? We would LOVE to see your New Ride !!!! -me
Nurse Greenthumb
Cannabis Connoisseur
Don't Fight It
IGNITE IT!
Veni, vidi, vici
Big deal. Death always went with the territory. I'll see you in Disneyland."

#4 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:59 AM

Hello and welcome:welcome:

Weather stripping on coaches was the responsibility of the respective coach builder. What I mean to say is they would get weather stripping by the mile, the cheaper the better, use it for as long as the supplier(s) offered it, then switch to something else. What you need to do is look at a cross-section of the weather stripping you have then find the closest match from a place like Steele like Moondog mentioned.

A little background about these coaches; each one was hand-crafted on order, one-at-a-time. As you can imagine, they were fairly expensive; usually more than twice the price of their passenger car equivalent. To help keep costs down, coach builders would use surplus interior and body parts. For instance, my 1968 MM has interior lights common to late 50's Chevrolets and door switches from late 40's Dodge. Replacement/restoration parts are frequently specific to each respective coach. One of the more unusual examples I saw was a 1967 MM on a 1966 chassis. It came that way from the factory. How that happens is a topic for another time.

Later...
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

1. Yahoo