Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: Vintage vs non Vintage - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vintage vs non Vintage ok.. so I'm pimping out this hearse and I need parts...

#1 User is offline   WednesdayAddams Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Interests:All things dark and spooky, psychobilly, pinup, Harley's, bats (if you're ever in Austin, you absolutely must go watch the bats fly at sunset!), absinthe and I'm on a mission to find the perfect mojito!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:57 AM

OK.. so my dream hearse is a 59 or 68... but given that I'm not made of money and my hearse at the moment also has to be my daily driver... I had to make the choice to go with a wee bit newer vehicle and I got the 86 (the year I graduated high school!) My past experience with my friends' have all had this era hearses and pretty much just left them original as they were daily drivers as well.

I can't leave well enough alone... and I'm going to paint it - don't worry - no flames or bible verses or anything weird! Just a white flake... and going to get it hand pinstriped... and the interior is going to be lime green and leopard print... oh and did I mention the bats "flying" in the windows? At any rate... given that it's not "vintage" as would be the 59 or the 68... where do most folks draw the line? Or is it really just a personal taste thing? Are you all going to hate me when I drive up with the new paint job LOL?

Second part of this queston... since I'm not planning on keeping this one 100% original... and Gomez and I are both just a wee bit older than we used to be... I'd like to put larger mirrors on the car. Any thoughts or suggestions?? I ~think~ that most GM vehicles of the 80s have roughly the same mirror attachments but I am not for sure. Has any one else ever tried to find mirrors for 80s era Cadillacs?

Thanks for any of your thoughts and ideas. We're really looking forward to meeting everyone in June!
Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me.
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality
~Emily Dickinson

#2 User is offline   Moondog Icon

• Moderate User
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: PCHC Members
  • Interests:Meeting up with other hearse groopies

Posted 20 May 2012 - 12:18 PM

Nothin' wrong with the late 80's cars. I have 2 89's. 1 is an S&S Brougham and the other is an 89 Superior Brougham.Both are bone stock down to the pitiful sound system. You have a cool ride don't sell it short. As far as
'pimping" it out.....do your own thing....anything you do is better than it sitting around rusting or getting crushed (such a morbid thought).............th "dog"..

#3 User is offline   WednesdayAddams Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Interests:All things dark and spooky, psychobilly, pinup, Harley's, bats (if you're ever in Austin, you absolutely must go watch the bats fly at sunset!), absinthe and I'm on a mission to find the perfect mojito!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 09:41 AM

That's kinda my thoughts too.. So now... My question is mirrors specifically...

I've found several parts places that go up to 85... But i'm actually looking to change the side mirrors..

Best thoughts on where to start?

J
Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me.
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality
~Emily Dickinson

#4 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 22 May 2012 - 04:49 AM

One option is to add supplemental mirrors to the front fenders instead of replacing the existing mirrors.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users