Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: Curtain patterns - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Curtain patterns

#1 User is offline   WednesdayAddams Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Interests:All things dark and spooky, psychobilly, pinup, Harley's, bats (if you're ever in Austin, you absolutely must go watch the bats fly at sunset!), absinthe and I'm on a mission to find the perfect mojito!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Wondering where to start looking (haven't even googled yet cause I know I'll need some help even if I find what I'm looking for) for patterns to replace the ones in the car now. They are the originals and have shrunk a bit in the sun over the years so a couple of them no longer fit so I can't just take them off and copy them. I know people make new curtains all the time - so I don't want to reinvent the wheel... but I'd greatly appreciate any tips, advice, etc before I start

Thanks so much!

:question:
Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me.
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality
~Emily Dickinson

#2 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:50 AM

I didn't have original drapes on my hearse so I had to measure the windows and make new drapes from scratch.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#3 User is offline   WednesdayAddams Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Interests:All things dark and spooky, psychobilly, pinup, Harley's, bats (if you're ever in Austin, you absolutely must go watch the bats fly at sunset!), absinthe and I'm on a mission to find the perfect mojito!

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:55 AM

So after lots if looking around, it seems my best bet is to use my current curtains as my pattern, but measure my windows to make up for the shrinkage... Sooooo... That will be an up coming project this summer!!! Yay!!
Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me.
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality
~Emily Dickinson

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users