Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: Replacement Door Glass?? - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Replacement Door Glass??

#1 User is offline   DesertRat Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Registered Users

Posted 10 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

I recently acquired an old 1982 Cadillac Hearse by Superior. It has seen better days and I got it real cheap. It is very low mileage, 60k, 6.0L motor. It had a cracked windshield, and a missing glass on the front passenger side.

It took a few tries, but I was able to get a windshield. The door glass is another story. I contacted the conversion company, Superior, who confirmed what I was told. They were custom glass, and standard Fleetwood glass is too large.

A local body shop is willing to try to help. They suggest letting them take the drivers glass out. Then finding one at a salvage yard roughly the same size, with the same bend, and having a glass shop trim it to fit.

Before I put any more money into this car, does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions??

I live in the Las Vegas area.

#2 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 11 April 2012 - 04:56 AM

You have a couple of options. You could try CW Coach Sales in Cincinnati Ohio. You could also try Cadillac King in Los Angeles but they are VERY expensive.

Following through with what the body shop suggested is not uncommon and a very viable option.

Good luck.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#3 User is offline   Daniel Scully Icon

• Moderate User
  • PipPipPip

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostDesertRat, on 10 April 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

I recently acquired an old 1982 Cadillac Hearse by Superior. It has seen better days and I got it real cheap. It is very low mileage, 60k, 6.0L motor. It had a cracked windshield, and a missing glass on the front passenger side.

It took a few tries, but I was able to get a windshield. The door glass is another story. I contacted the conversion company, Superior, who confirmed what I was told. They were custom glass, and standard Fleetwood glass is too large.

A local body shop is willing to try to help. They suggest letting them take the drivers glass out. Then finding one at a salvage yard roughly the same size, with the same bend, and having a glass shop trim it to fit.

Before I put any more money into this car, does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions??

I live in the Las Vegas area.

I have all the glass except the wimdshield out of a 83 Superior, Should be the same .$250.00 local pick up only. I ,am in the high desert Apple Vally Ca 92308 If you can make it down this way bring the door glass to compare.

#4 User is offline   DesertRat Icon

• Pip

Posted 12 April 2012 - 05:08 PM

View PostDaniel Scully, on 11 April 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

I have all the glass except the wimdshield out of a 83 Superior, Should be the same .$250.00 local pick up only. I ,am in the high desert Apple Vally Ca 92308 If you can make it down this way bring the door glass to compare.

PM Sent! I think this might work out!

#5 User is offline   TroyD Icon

• Moderate User
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: PCHC Members
  • Interests:Coaches, Halloween, Cooking, Gardening, Building Halloween Props, Surfing the web.

Posted 23 April 2012 - 03:59 PM

Hey,
if that doesn't work out, I know someone parting out an '83 superior also. PM me if you want his #. He's in Los Angeles.
-Z
That What Doesn't Kill You, Makes You Walk Funny.

#6 User is offline   DesertRat Icon

• Pip

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostDesertRat, on 12 April 2012 - 05:08 PM, said:

PM Sent! I think this might work out!

Many thanks to Dan. Window was a perfect fit. He's a real nice guy, with some beautiful cars!

#7 User is offline   Daniel Scully Icon

• Moderate User
  • PipPipPip

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostDesertRat, on 03 May 2012 - 11:20 AM, said:

Many thanks to Dan. Window was a perfect fit. He's a real nice guy, with some beautiful cars!

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users