Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: Dream car wanted! - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Dream car wanted! hearse wanted!

#1 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Interests:Halloween, music, oddities, tattoos, Disneyland, Haunted Mansion, weirdness.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Hello all and I am so glad to be a part of this site! I recently got in a pretty bad accident about a week and a half ago, and my car (a '05 Toyota Corolla) did not make a good sandwich filler between an SUV and a truck, so needless to say my car was totaled. I am alive but a lil banged up, but realized that with every door closed, a window opens, and now that I do not have a car payment any longer, or a car, I can finally focus on the dream car that I have wanted for decades...a hearse!!! I am by no means a mechanic, but I have done plenty of research and understand the pros and cons, yet still I cannot get the thought of driving a used/pre-owned hearse that runs and that I can make my own, out of my head. I live in SoCal, and hope to get a settlement check within a week or so for my total loss, so I am definitely in the market for a great find of a hearse! If other members can keep their eyes and ears out for me, I would greatly appreciate it, and I will be checking up daily to see all the lovely finds from this site! Thank you to Phantom Coaches and everyone here, hope you have a wonderful week!

lilwitch321 (Kelly from Anaheim! )

#2 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 05:31 AM

Well, you've come to the right place :-)
How about coming out to our next meeting in early October? Details should be posted on our calender.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#3 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip
  • Interests:Halloween, music, oddities, tattoos, Disneyland, Haunted Mansion, weirdness.

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

View Postlilwitch321, on 08 September 2011 - 10:02 PM, said:

Hello all and I am so glad to be a part of this site! I recently got in a pretty bad accident about a week and a half ago, and my car (a '05 Toyota Corolla) did not make a good sandwich filler between an SUV and a truck, so needless to say my car was totaled. I am alive but a lil banged up, but realized that with every door closed, a window opens, and now that I do not have a car payment any longer, or a car, I can finally focus on the dream car that I have wanted for decades...a hearse!!! I am by no means a mechanic, but I have done plenty of research and understand the pros and cons, yet still I cannot get the thought of driving a used/pre-owned hearse that runs and that I can make my own, out of my head. I live in SoCal, and hope to get a settlement check within a week or so for my total loss, so I am definitely in the market for a great find of a hearse! If other members can keep their eyes and ears out for me, I would greatly appreciate it, and I will be checking up daily to see all the lovely finds from this site! Thank you to Phantom Coaches and everyone here, hope you have a wonderful week!

lilwitch321 (Kelly from Anaheim! )

#4 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:49 AM

Sweeeet! :D I would love to, thank you so much! I checked the calendar, is this wonderful meeting taking place in Downey on Wednesday nights, or is that something different? Thanks again so much for your reply and invite! :D
Kelly

#5 User is offline   Arlee Mahan Icon

• Hearse Affectionado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Location:..I live uptown.. I live downtown .. l live all around
  • Interests:HURSTS

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:44 PM

WELCOME Kelly ....The PCHC Meeting for this month was last Sunday .. Bobs in Downey is a Cruise night not to sure what members go to that ....but Please check next months Calandar often so you can know what events are planned cause it gets CRAZY this time of year with lots of things to go to ...There will be many events not to far from where you Live so PLEASE COME out and say Hi ... Ka is our Events Coordinator and she will post the Oktoberfest Events as the roll in..Wow what a GREAT time of year for us all!!! Hope to see ya at Something real soon ... Stay Spooky -ME

This post has been edited by Arlee Mahan: 09 September 2011 - 04:54 PM

Nurse Greenthumb
Cannabis Connoisseur
Don't Fight It
IGNITE IT!
Veni, vidi, vici
Big deal. Death always went with the territory. I'll see you in Disneyland."

#6 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:05 AM

View PostArlee Mahan, on 09 September 2011 - 05:44 PM, said:

WELCOME Kelly ....The PCHC Meeting for this month was last Sunday .. Bobs in Downey is a Cruise night not to sure what members go to that ....but Please check next months Calandar often so you can know what events are planned cause it gets CRAZY this time of year with lots of things to go to ...There will be many events not to far from where you Live so PLEASE COME out and say Hi ... Ka is our Events Coordinator and she will post the Oktoberfest Events as the roll in..Wow what a GREAT time of year for us all!!! Hope to see ya at Something real soon ... Stay Spooky -ME

#7 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:06 AM

Thanks so much for the info! I checked the Calendar and just saw that so far, but I will definitely be checking often to try and attend as much as I can in my area! I appreciate the invites and the advice and I look forward to meeting many of you! Yay for October! :D
Kelly

#8 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 19 September 2011 - 05:15 PM

Hi All! Updatin my post here bout lookin for my dream car/hearse...I found one on Ebay that looks like it may actually be affiliated with PCHC, it is a 71 Cadillac Sovereign Crown...Original Gold paint, located in Burbank, 110k miles, description is mechanically sound pix show really taken care of...any thoughts from anyone on this model if it will be my first time hearse? Just curious on feedback! Thanks so much for reading my posts! :D
Kelly

#9 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 20 September 2011 - 05:19 AM

It looks like this is being sold by Lou Farah. Looks good to me. I'm envious that it has working AC; the vast majority of old hearses NEVER had AC, it was an expensive option that usually could not be justified. Being a rust-free California car is a huge plus. You'll have less headaches in the long run with this car than an older car because of availability of Cadillac parts and, since it's pre-76, you don't have to have it smoged.

Whether we approve of the model or not should not sway you one way or another. Each hearse is an individual work of engineering art fabricated one-at-a-time on order. Hence, they tend to be as unique as their owners/drivers.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#10 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:20 AM

View PostMark V, on 20 September 2011 - 06:19 AM, said:

It looks like this is being sold by Lou Farah. Looks good to me. I'm envious that it has working AC; the vast majority of old hearses NEVER had AC, it was an expensive option that usually could not be justified. Being a rust-free California car is a huge plus. You'll have less headaches in the long run with this car than an older car because of availability of Cadillac parts and, since it's pre-76, you don't have to have it smoged.

Whether we approve of the model or not should not sway you one way or another. Each hearse is an individual work of engineering art fabricated one-at-a-time on order. Hence, they tend to be as unique as their owners/drivers.

#11 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 20 September 2011 - 06:22 AM

Wow! Great info thank you sooo much for responding! Since I am still a total newbie, I thought it couldn't hurt to ask for opinions, so I appreciate it greatly!!! Hopefully will be able to see it soon!!! Thank you sooo much again and have a great day!!! :D
Kelly

#12 User is offline   Martin S Icon

• Moderate User
  • PipPipPip
  • Interests:Hearses and classic cars and Movie props/Horror movies

Posted 21 September 2011 - 12:20 PM

Kelly, welcome to the PCHC!! I sent you a PM..
Martin

#13 User is offline   Arlee Mahan Icon

• Hearse Affectionado
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:22 PM

Kelley did you buy Lou's Gold Coach on Ebay ..... or are ya still lookin ?? Please update us all ... Stay Spooky -ME
Nurse Greenthumb
Cannabis Connoisseur
Don't Fight It
IGNITE IT!
Veni, vidi, vici

#14 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:40 PM

View PostArlee Mahan, on 21 September 2011 - 03:22 PM, said:

Kelley did you buy Lou's Gold Coach on Ebay ..... or are ya still lookin ?? Please update us all ... Stay Spooky -ME

Hi Arlee, I'm actively bidding! LOL only like 15 min. left!!! I need some good vibes ppl! :D LOL Thanks so much for everyone's support!!! :D I appreciate it sooo much!
Kelly

#15 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:54 PM

View Postlilwitch321, on 21 September 2011 - 04:40 PM, said:

Hi Arlee, I'm actively bidding! LOL only like 15 min. left!!! I need some good vibes ppl! :D LOL Thanks so much for everyone's support!!! :D I appreciate it sooo much!
Kelly

Well looks I have been outbid. I guess it was not meant to be. :( BOO! Thanks again everyone for the support!
Kelly

#16 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 21 September 2011 - 04:01 PM

View PostMartin S, on 21 September 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

Kelly, welcome to the PCHC!! I sent you a PM..
Martin

Hi Martin and thank you so much! I will definitely be looking at your listing and thanks so much for your message! :D
Kelly

#17 User is offline   Arlee Mahan Icon

• Hearse Affectionado
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:15 AM

Bummer ... but I am sure your car will find it's way home to you !!!! Please keep us all updated on your quest !!!! -Stay Spooky -ME
Nurse Greenthumb
Cannabis Connoisseur
Don't Fight It
IGNITE IT!
Veni, vidi, vici

#18 User is offline   lilwitch321 Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:18 PM

View PostArlee Mahan, on 22 September 2011 - 07:15 AM, said:

Bummer ... but I am sure your car will find it's way home to you !!!! Please keep us all updated on your quest !!!! -Stay Spooky -ME

WOW!!! I am sooo in heaven right now!!! So many thanks go out to Martin S. for supplying my dream car!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just picked her up tonight, parked sweetly out my front door, in her new loving home!!! I will be attending the H'ween Adventure on Sunday to introduce myself in this beauty so well-taken care of!!! In absolute love!!! :D Thanks so much again!!!
Kelly

#19 User is offline   Arlee Mahan Icon

• Hearse Affectionado
  • PipPipPipPipPip

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:37 AM

CONGRATS Kelly !!!! Martin & Chris are AWESOME .... I am so glad you found your Coach!!!!! -Stay Spooky -ME
Nurse Greenthumb
Cannabis Connoisseur
Don't Fight It
IGNITE IT!
Veni, vidi, vici

#20 User is offline   Moondog Icon

• Moderate User
  • PipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: PCHC Members
  • Interests:Meeting up with other hearse groopies

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:50 AM

View Postlilwitch321, on 22 September 2011 - 11:18 PM, said:

WOW!!! I am sooo in heaven right now!!! So many thanks go out to Martin S. for supplying my dream car!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just picked her up tonight, parked sweetly out my front door, in her new loving home!!! I will be attending the H'ween Adventure on Sunday to introduce myself in this beauty so well-taken care of!!! In absolute love!!! :D Thanks so much again!!!
Kelly

Are you going to go to Costa Mesa this weekend?

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users