Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: smog pump removal - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

smog pump removal

#1 User is offline   cupcake Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip
  • Group: Registered Users

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:49 PM

Just removed the smog pump on my 472 as it is a pre 76. Because we know removing it from a post 75 is illegal :)
Here isa link to the pics. No I did not use the $250 "kit" I used OEM parts for cheap

pics

#2 User is offline   m davis Icon

• Hearse Affectionado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things mechanical.

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:47 PM

I did this on my 66 and was able to just change belt size. On the 66 the air injectors went into the head, I was able to tap & thread 1/8" npt and use alan head plugs.
Don't confront me with my failures
I had not forgotten them (J Browne)

#3 User is offline   cupcake Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 10 September 2011 - 08:39 AM

Yes on a 66 429 you can just pull the belt. On the 472/500 the 1 belt runs the smog pump and another the alt from the smog pump so you need t change the pullies. And I found the right plugs that cad used when blocking the ports off. The just drive in

#4 User is offline   Veitteekic Icon

• Pip
  • Interests:154153

Posted 26 September 2017 - 12:16 PM

Hi... Looking to see if anyone knows where I can get a replacement belt for the smog pump on my 68 250ci GMC... Thanks

#5 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 27 September 2017 - 07:13 AM

View PostVeitteekic, on 26 September 2017 - 01:16 PM, said:

Hi... Looking to see if anyone knows where I can get a replacement belt for the smog pump on my 68 250ci GMC... Thanks

I recommend you try Rock Auto. As the years go by, I've found it more and more difficult to get even "simple" parts like radiator hoses and fan belts at local auto parts stores. Long gone are the days when you can walk into a parts store and simply say, "Can I get a GM starter solenoid?" or "I'd like a set of rocker stud nuts for a small block chevy," and have the guy know what you need without asking "what year? model? AC?" etc. Anyway, give Rock Auto a try.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users