Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: Needed: Exhaust Manifolds for my hearse - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Needed: Exhaust Manifolds for my hearse

#1 User is offline   HearseGirl Icon

• Pip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Interests:the paranormal, hearses, good coffee, great conversations, spending time w/ family & friends.

Posted 16 May 2011 - 11:11 AM

Hello~

I am hoping that someone here may be able to point me in a direction to finding exhaust manifolds for a 1979 Cadillac Fleetwood Hearse. 7.0/425 V8 engine. The shop I am dealing with has exhausted all of their resources in coming up with any.

Your help is greatly appreciated! Thank-you!!

Colette AKA HearseGirl
Of corpse I drive a hearse! Don't you?

#2 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:39 AM

They're standard manifolds (not hearse special) so start calling wrecking yards. There is one place that I know will have what you want but they are the absolute last resort because they are EXPENSIVE!! It's Cadillac King in the San Fernando Valley in California. Depending on how mission critical your need is, I would avoid this place like the plague. They typically charge more than twice the new part price for used parts. In the 18 years I've owned my coach, I went to them only once. There's another place down here, I think it's called Cadillacs Only (little help here) that will probably have them. But I strongly encourage you to canvas every wrecking yard you can find. Don't be deterred if you have to call a few hundred miles away to find exactly what you need. Once, some twenty-plus years ago, I needed some special cylinder heads that I could only find at GM Sports Salvage in San Jose; nearly 400 miles from L.A. They had what I needed and shipped it via UPS. You may even be able to find manifolds on ebay or Craig's List.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#3 User is offline   HearseGirl Icon

• Pip
  • View gallery
  • Interests:the paranormal, hearses, good coffee, great conversations, spending time w/ family & friends.

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:44 AM

View PostMark V, on 17 May 2011 - 06:39 AM, said:

They're standard manifolds (not hearse special) so start calling wrecking yards. There is one place that I know will have what you want but they are the absolute last resort because they are EXPENSIVE!! It's Cadillac King in the San Fernando Valley in California. Depending on how mission critical your need is, I would avoid this place like the plague. They typically charge more than twice the new part price for used parts. In the 18 years I've owned my coach, I went to them only once. There's another place down here, I think it's called Cadillacs Only (little help here) that will probably have them. But I strongly encourage you to canvas every wrecking yard you can find. Don't be deterred if you have to call a few hundred miles away to find exactly what you need. Once, some twenty-plus years ago, I needed some special cylinder heads that I could only find at GM Sports Salvage in San Jose; nearly 400 miles from L.A. They had what I needed and shipped it via UPS. You may even be able to find manifolds on ebay or Craig's List.

Thank-you very much for the information. We have a couple of wrecking yards in the area so I will give them a try. If not, then I will do the craigslist thing and see what I can find online. If they have to be shipped, that is fine too. Greatly appreciate the heads up about Cadillac King too! Have a great day!

#4 User is offline   HearseGirl Icon

• Pip
  • View gallery

Posted 03 June 2011 - 11:15 AM

View PostHearseGirl, on 17 May 2011 - 11:44 AM, said:

Thank-you very much for the information. We have a couple of wrecking yards in the area so I will give them a try. If not, then I will do the craigslist thing and see what I can find online. If they have to be shipped, that is fine too. Greatly appreciate the heads up about Cadillac King too! Have a great day!

I found the manifolds!! YES! Cadillac Only in Southern California. Got the pair for $250 and they will be shipped to me. Thank-you for the information and if you need help w/ parts for a Cadillac, I highly recommend Cadillac Only :)

#5 User is offline   cupcake Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

only $250? Damn Im going ti have to start pulling manifolds from the boneyard. Just bought one for my 472 for$30

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users