Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: Hearse Accessories and Parts - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Hearse Accessories and Parts

#1 User is offline   turquoisesnake92 Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Interests:Hearses(of course), Death, Witchcraft, Gardening, Cemeteries, Snakes, Animals, Zombies, Vintage cars, and scaring the poopoo out of people.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nevada-County-Black-Hat-Society/147913055267785

Posted 13 May 2011 - 05:51 PM

What is a good online store to purchase parts and accessories for a Hearse. I am getting a '66 Victoria Endloader and it needs a few things repaired and added.
[font="Garamond"][/font]Christopher Alexander Eaton

#2 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:45 PM

Depends on the parts.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#3 User is offline   turquoisesnake92 Icon

• Pip
  • Interests:Hearses(of course), Death, Witchcraft, Gardening, Cemeteries, Snakes, Animals, Zombies, Vintage cars, and scaring the poopoo out of people.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:00 PM

Well, I need a water pump. dash and front side window.

#4 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

Ok, for a water pump, you can try the major parts stores like autozone, oriely, napa, etc. If they don't have it then try rockauto.com. If worse comes to worse, you may have to take your old one off and send it to a rebuilder.

Regarding the dash, if it's completely smashed with twisted metal with shattered instruments then you may need to find a donor car from whence to harvest said dash. If the vinyl pad is simply cracked then you may see about consulting with an upholsterer for options on repairing, reupholstering, or rebuilding. Finding a new-old-stock (nos) dash pad for a 45 year old car is near impossible. In the 18 years I've had my 1968 hearse, I found two used dash pads on evilBay...er...I mean ebay, no where else.

As for the window, if it's flat-glass, any automotive window shop can replace it. If it's curved then it's much more difficult. You may want to try CW (Carl Warner) Coach Sales in Ohio for a correct window. Another option is to find a glass shop that can do fabrication. They should be able to take a piece of auto glass with the same curve and size it to fit your frame.

If this is your first foray into vintage car ownership you'll quickly see there's way more to keeping these cars on the road than with modern cars. That applies even more to unique cars that other cars of the same vintage. Hearses were built one-at-a-time on order from morticians. That means that each hearse is a custom car. Just to help you visualize it in round numbers, Cadillac built about 2100 commercial chassis in 1966 which were sold to the three major coach builders of the day; MM, S&S, and Superior. From those chassis were build hearses, combinations cars, flower cars and ambulances. Assuming an even spit, each builder got 700 chassis. Further assuming an even split between hearses and ambulances would mean that S&S built around 350 hearses that year. In comparison, Ford built nearly 1,000,000 mustangs that year.

That's why it pays to belong to a club of enthusiasts; to network and help each other out with keeping these fine automobiles on the road.

Welcome aboard.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#5 User is offline   turquoisesnake92 Icon

• Pip

Posted 14 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

Yes, this is my first Vintage Hearse. I have never owned anything that required special attention when it came to "fixing" or "remodeling". I am only repairing the major issues and keeping it as original as possible.

#6 User is offline   paulo Icon

• Pip

Posted 14 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

As mark said it is true there are many online stores where you can purchase parts and accessories of hearse, but you cannot find all the accessories at single online store. If you are looking for water pump then AutoZone is the best place for this or else you can also prefer buyyourcar. You will definitely find it from anyone of this above site. Since this sites are known as major online stores.Vehicle Wraps
P.A.U.L.O

#7 User is offline   MistressXavialune Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip
  • Interests:My AIM sn is Octavia Keaton. I'll fill this out more later..

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:08 AM

I just bought a 66 of the same exact description...it needs a dash...a front side window...and a water pump.

Have you, um..purchased this car yet?

:-\

ETA: sorry I just looked at the date of this. your last post was on the 14th, my birthday. you must have been thinking about buying the same car I was looking at and ended up buying! :)

Theres a whole LOT more wrong with it, by the way...stuff they never told me before I bought it.

#8 User is offline   turquoisesnake92 Icon

• Pip

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:21 PM

I went and looked at the thing and didn't waste my time. And the woman selling it was nuts. I ended up buying an '88 Buick Hearse. I am so happy with my decision and I got away with it for $1400. With absolutely no problems and in amazing condition.

#9 User is offline   m davis Icon

• Hearse Affectionado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things mechanical.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

One of the joys I found about owning a 66 is that many of the parts are 1 or 2 year only. I wound up having to send my water pump in to be rebuilt.
Don't confront me with my failures
I had not forgotten them (J Browne)

#10 User is offline   WednesdayAddams Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip
  • View gallery
  • Interests:All things dark and spooky, psychobilly, pinup, Harley's, bats (if you're ever in Austin, you absolutely must go watch the bats fly at sunset!), absinthe and I'm on a mission to find the perfect mojito!

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:44 AM

View Postturquoisesnake92, on 21 October 2011 - 12:21 AM, said:

I went and looked at the thing and didn't waste my time. And the woman selling it was nuts. I ended up buying an '88 Buick Hearse. I am so happy with my decision and I got away with it for $1400. With absolutely no problems and in amazing condition.

I think I looked at that one too!!! LOL Almost bought it but just didn't have the space for it yet!! And we were planning a big holiday trip... plus, I have to admit I really wanted a Cadi!! But if that's the Buick I'm thinking of - you got a great car!!! Hope to bump into you soon!!!

:thumbsup:
Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me.
The carriage held but ourselves
And Immortality
~Emily Dickinson

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users