Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: Shorn Bolts on the Water Pump - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Shorn Bolts on the Water Pump

#1 User is offline   turquoisesnake92 Icon

• Pip
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Interests:Hearses(of course), Death, Witchcraft, Gardening, Cemeteries, Snakes, Animals, Zombies, Vintage cars, and scaring the poopoo out of people.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nevada-County-Black-Hat-Society/147913055267785

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:19 PM

As far as being mechanical, I can put gas into the car... What does it mean to have "shorn bolts"? And is this an easy fix? I have googled it and cannot come up with the proper information.
[font="Garamond"][/font]Christopher Alexander Eaton

#2 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:39 PM

I think you may have "sheered" bolts. Not an easy fix but not a hard one with the right tools.
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#3 User is offline   m davis Icon

• Hearse Affectionado
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Interests:all things mechanical.

Posted 14 May 2011 - 06:17 PM

Ok is this a type of bolt I haven't heard of, or is Mark right about sheered bolts? When I had my water pump rebuilt on my 66 I had a heck of a time getting the bypass to seal.
Don't confront me with my failures
I had not forgotten them (J Browne)

#4 User is offline   paulo Icon

• Pip

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:08 PM

Mark, seems to be right.It may be known as sheered bolt, even i am not sure but guessed it to be right. I have googled for the information but as you said there is no proper information available on the net. If any person gets any information regarding sheered bolt please share it with us, it will be really helpful to us, Thanks in advance.Car wraps
P.A.U.L.O

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users