Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums: filler between bumper and quarter extension - Phantom Coaches Hearse Club Forums

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

filler between bumper and quarter extension

#1 User is offline   M Wilson Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip
  • Group: Registered Users
  • Interests:Old hearses

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:22 PM

We recently replaced our rear bumper on our 83 Superior Cadillac Coach. We have been trying to find The black rubber webbing that fits around the bumper edge to prevent scratching of the quarter extension panel. Can't find it anywhere. Any suggestions? Not sure what it is called. Kind of looks like door edge guard. Thanks for any assistance.
Dig ya up later,
Ellie and Marv

#2 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 19 April 2011 - 06:51 AM

Well, this is a long shot but you could try Steele Rubber products; www.steelerubber.com
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

#3 User is offline   M Wilson Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:50 PM

Hey Mark
Thanks for the info. We called them and they do have them to the tune of $234.70 for one pair. They are only about a quarter of an inch wide and 18 inches long. Lot of money for a little rubber. We looked them up on the internet and thought we had the wrong part when we saw the price!!!! Marv will keep hunting in the boneyard. If you happen to stumble on to a good used pair, let us know. Thanks again.
Dig ya up later,
Ellie and Marv

#4 User is offline   M Wilson Icon

• Occasional User
  • PipPip

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:25 PM

View PostM Wilson, on 25 April 2011 - 05:50 PM, said:

Hey Mark
Thanks for the info. We called them and they do have them to the tune of $234.70 for one pair. They are only about a quarter of an inch wide and 18 inches long. Lot of money for a little rubber. We looked them up on the internet and thought we had the wrong part when we saw the price!!!! Marv will keep hunting in the boneyard. If you happen to stumble on to a good used pair, let us know. Thanks again.
Dig ya up later,
Ellie and Marv

Hey Mark
We went to Auto Zone and they now sell door edge guard in black. Bought a whole roll for about $12. Went on slick as can be and can't tell the difference from factory. Looks great!! We also have new vanity plates coming.
Dig ya up later
Ellie and Marv

#5 User is offline   Mark V Icon

• Webspinner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • View gallery
  • Group: Root Admin
  • Location:A richly upholstered leather wing chair, sipping absinthe before the fire, exploring the dark recesses of my mind.

Posted 25 July 2011 - 07:19 PM

Cool deal daddy-o. How about some pix?
It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this. -- Bertrand Russell
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. -- Dr Seuss
I hate mankind, for I think myself one of the best of them, and I know how bad I am. -- Joseph Baretti
Humankind cannot stand very much reality. -- T. S. Eliot

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users